San Francisco is home to one of the best public transportation systems in the country, and you’ll find several options for getting around town from our hotel in Union Square. Get the details on getting around, and discover how enjoyable it can be to leave your car behind.
- Walking – From our central location in Union Square, you can stroll to a wide variety of restaurants, shops, theaters, and attractions.
- Muni System – The San Francisco Municipal system operates buses and trains that crisscross the city, which allow you to travel from Union Square to wherever you need to go. You’ll usually find bus stops above ground and metro stops below ground. Need directions? Our front desk staff is always happy to help.
- Cable Cars – No first-time visit to the city is complete without a joyride on a famous San Francisco trolley, which operates on three lines: Powell-Hyde, Powell-Mason, and California You can purchase tickets directly from the conductor.
- Uber & Lyft – Download these ride-sharing apps to quickly summon a driver to your doorstep. Register your credit card, and you can request a ride wherever you want to go.
- Taxis – Call a cab for quick, professional service. Our front staff can have one waiting for you when you are ready to go.
Do you have questions about how to get around in San Francisco? Please call us today at 1 (415) 397 3510 for more information. Start planning your Bay Area escape!