With its iconic orange towers, sweeping cables and Art Deco design, the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the world's most spectacular bridges. A marvel of modern engineering and the most famous symbol of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge connects the city of San Francisco to Marin County.The Golden Gate Bridge is 1.7 miles long, with its longest span running 4,200 feet long-and carries about 112,000 vehicles a day on its six-lane roadway. Biking and walking across the bridge is a thrilling experience and offers jaw-dropping views of Downtown San Francisco, the San Francisco Bay and the Bay Area.
Hours -Open Daily. The Bridge Pavilion is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Prices -Toll is $7.25 (please note CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED at any Golden Gate Bridge toll booth)
- Film: Building of the Golden Gate at Fort Point National Historic Site
- The Bridge on the Big Screen at the Presidio Trust
- Golden Gate Bridge Splash ‘n' Dash at South End Rowing Club
- Biking and walking
- Guided tours
- Shopping at Bridge Pavilion
- Green screen photos at Round House
- Dining at Bridge Café
Before you go