De Young Museum
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco California 94118
- Tues - Sun: 9:30 am to 5:15 pm
- Friday (March 30 - Nov 30): 9:30 am to 8:45 pm
- Closed Mondays
- Adults: $10
- Children & Students: $6
- Seniors: $7
- Members: Free
- Friday Nights at the de Young
- First Tuesday of the Month
- de Young Artist Studio – Artist Demos
- Permanent Collection
- Special Gallery Exhibitions
- Audio Tours & Docent Tours
- Shopping at de Young Museum Store
- Dining at de Young Café
de Young Museum ToursEnhance your experience with a tour of the permanent collection or special exhibition galleries. The de Young Museum offers a self-guided audio tour; daily docent tours and private, docent-led tours. You may purchase tours at the kiosk in the lobby.
- Audio Tours are $7 for the public and $6 for members for the permanent collection or special exhibitions.
- Docent Tours are free with admission on Tuesdays through Sundays.
- Private docent-led tours of the permanent collection and special exhibitions are offered to groups of 10 or more. Tours are 45 minutes long and require 4-week advanced reservations.
Getting to de Young and Parking -The de Young Museum is located at 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park The park is accessible from all parts of the San Francisco Bay Area, via car, public transportation, and bicycle. Limited street parking is available in the surrounding neighborhoods and on John F. Kennedy Drive behind the de Young. Paid parking is available in the Music Concourse Garage via Fulton Street at 10th Avenue.
What are some fun events?
The de Young Museum presents exciting special exhibitions throughout the year and cool events and art programs. Join Friday Nights at the de Young, after-hours art happenings (5–8:45 p.m.), with live music, dance performances, films, workshops, artist demonstrations and debuts, art activities and exhibition tours. The café offers a Friday Nights menu and specialty cocktails. Every month, the de Young Artist Studio offers artist installations, demos and meetings.
Can I bring food into the museum?
Visitors cannot bring food into the museum, but can enjoy American and European cuisine crafted from seasonal ingredients at the de Young Café. The cafés serves breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday nights, as well as delicious cocktails, wine and beer. Sit on the terrace and enjoy beautiful views of the sculpture garden and Golden Gate Park. De Young Café offers a Prix fixe menu on Friday evenings from 5–8 pm.
Map/DirectionsDriving Direction to De Young Museum From or
Write a Review