Located in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, the de Young Museum is part of the cultural fabric of San Francisco. This landmark art museum integrates art, architecture and the natural landscape into an inspirational destination. San Francisco's de Young Museum is home to one of the most diverse and significant art collections in the country.The museum features 27,000 works of art and is famous for its 17th through 20th century American art, including paintings, sculptures, decorative arts, and works on paper. The American Art collection is extraordinary, featuring paintings by Georgia O'Keefe, Diego Rivera and Willem de Kooning. The de Young Museum also presents art of Africa, Oceania and the Americas, along with textiles from Eastern and Western traditions.
- Tuesday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Friday (March 30 - November 30): 9:30 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Closed Mondays
- Adults: $10
- Children & Students: $6
- Seniors: $7
- Members: Free
- Friday Nights at the de Young
- First Tuesday of the Month
- de Young Artist Studio artist demos
- Permanent collection
- Special gallery exhibitions
- Shopping at de Young Museum Store
- Audio tours and docent tours
- Dining at de Young Café
Before you go
de Young Museum ToursEnhance your experience with a tour of the permanent collection or special exhibition galleries. The de Young Museum offers a self-guided audio tour, daily docent tours, and private docent-led tours. You may purchase tours at the kiosk in the lobby.
- Audio Tours are $7 for the public and $6 for members for the permanent collection or special exhibitions.
- Docent Tours are free with admission on Tuesday through Sunday.
- Private docent-led tours of the permanent collection and special exhibitions are offered to groups of 10 or more. Tours are 45 minutes long and require reservations four weeks in advance